Monday 9 January 2012

ONLY FOR HEROES

Greetings Humans, I have been making some new stuff  . . . . . . Big stuff for "Pop Stars" to wear and for window displays and general advertising ?

First Up:  Big Snarling Wolf, its 4" by 5" by 4", this will be cheapish to make so its at the front of the queue. You can see how the chain is sitting in the fur, its got a tongue and all, really into making the teeth, god its savage the way they fit together, to catch and then rend . . . .  Nova has promised to wear one !!!
Really hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow night . . . . . . or at least bake it, its so fragile at the moment. Made out of super Sculpey, it will get Swarofski eyes and maybe gold painted teeth !!!
Next in the queue is the octopus-bra-breastplate, absolutely huge, maybe 14" by 14" by 6", the cost of the rubber to cast it will be astronomical !!!, so it will cost like £400 and everyone is gonna see your nipples, but you will become famous instantly !!!!  A must for every manga chick !!! 

Cummon now who has Lady GaGa phone number ??? or knows one of her army of styalists ? ? ? ? ? ?  Rianna maybe ??? 

The Resin I use can be warmed up and then the shape altered, when it cools it keeps the new position, so I could make it fit most women, but maybe it should be cast from a more flexible material ??
I want to do something with monkeys with linked arms, and skeletons off course, but that repeating element thing is so vital, and just my stuff, no chains to worry about.

In the camera I came across these pictures from when I was making the Cobra, I used evil soft-fimo I think so I had to try to fix its position while I baked it, it was misery. When the cobra became hot it became floppy but never went really hard so carving it was very hard.
In the list of things to make there is a Jesus-John the Baptist guy, maybe 2"+ , so big, bleeding neck, and swarofski tears, gold painted hair ? But doing a decent portrait of a saint may take a very long time.

This is a pile of cast stuff, several weeks work to get it to this stage . . . . . . . and weeks more to have anything looking like jewellry . . . . 
Strut off Broadway Market are taking 4 pieces which I hopefully drop off tomorrow. Struts Blog is fascinating .

"Maybe a Vole" shop is gonna continue, I am gonna be in there on Tuesday afternoons, so come down and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment