Sunday 23 October 2011

Hands and Fists

This was made to go with Louise Rileys' costume that she was wearing when  creating art at the Hospital club last week, The fists is not  stained and lacquered like the others. I put maximum amount of blood for Maximum Drama, gold plated chain apparently. It really made the costume.

The ''fools gold'' piece is so loved that I made this one, using some 10mm glass eyes lent by DnA. The hands are painted silver and then lacquered as a test, in the future I shall probably do metallic looking casts but it means using different materials and it is a  real mine field. I used sculpey to make the flash part of the eyes, this is a one off unless any rock stars or consultant surgeons want one.

I wanted a better image of this piece online. I am desperate to make some Halloween pieces but instead have been focussing on finding better and more durable ways to make the blood and source better materials. The whole thing of making something Arty and Beautiful and then be able to make it in quantities using suitable materials at a reasonable cost is a really hard job.

I spent a couple of sessions visiting well chosen shops and they have all really loved the work, all I have to do is go in wearing the fist on black and I am in. I am waiting for some very important people to get back to me, . . . . . . and in the meantime starting the making of a dozen of the most popular-straight-forward-to-make pieces.
           Miles over and out 

No comments:

Post a Comment